Contact Stacey Scanlon, LCSW
(575) 524 6820
Fax Referrals To (575) 526 9304
Evidence-Based Therapy Program For A Drug-free Lifestyle
Seven Challenges is offered only through our Las Cruces office. We focus on the individual in recovery and engage the family to reduce the negativity, frustration, hostility, and helplessness that can consume a family with a child in crisis. This approach helps lay the foundation for a sustainable behavior change, improving life skills, communication, and family dynamics. Independent studies found a “substantial reduction” in substance abuse and impressive mental health improvements for those who have completed the program.
What Should I Expect?
- Youth will attend group sessions as clinically appropriate.
- Parents will participate in group therapy once a week
- Individual and/or conjoint sessions with their family will be provided regularly
- Many adolescents may also choose to attend a support group such as Alcoholics or Narcotics Anonymous
- Licensed mental health counselors provide all services in a safe environment
Who Should Attend?
- Adolescents from ages 13–17 years old who want to live an alcohol or drug-free lifestyle
- Families who are concerned about their teenager’s drug or substance use
The Seven Challenges
- We decided to open up and talk honestly about ourselves and alcohol and other drugs.
- We examined what we liked about alcohol and other drugs and why we used them.
- We looked at our use of alcohol or other drugs to see if it has caused or could cause harm.
- We looked at our responsibility and the responsibility of others for our problems.
- We thought about where we seemed to be headed, where we wanted to go, and what we wanted to accomplish.
- We made thoughtful decisions about our lives and our use of alcohol and other drugs.
- We followed through on our decisions about our lives and drug use. If we saw problems, we returned to earlier challenges and mastered them.