Albuquerque Outpatient Therapists Wanted
Interested? Please email:
Are you a licensed counselor or social worker who enjoys working with children and families? Would you like to work in a supportive and positive professional environment? Southwest Family Guidance Center, a growing and thriving counseling agency in New Mexico, has an opening in Albuquerque to join our team as a Behavioral Health Therapist.
The Therapist provides individual, family, or group psychotherapy and coordinates assessment, treatment planning, and progress with supervisor, including collaboration with other therapists, supervisors and/or stakeholders as appropriate. This includes, but is not limited to: preparation for sessions, consultation with supervisor, professional and ethical facilitation of therapeutic sessions, timely completion of clinical documentation, and active engagement in the supervision process.
- Provide individual, family, or group psychotherapy in a variety of settings (office, school, or community). Use a variety of psychotherapeutic treatment approaches and interventions to change targeted behaviors and stabilize adaptive behaviors with children, adolescents, and their families.
- Continually assess client, utilizing relevant psychiatric, medical, and developmental history as well as incorporating cultural considerations, family, school, and community reports. Utilize this information to make decisions regarding diagnosis (per DSM 5), treatment objectives and/or to provide information and make appropriate referrals to other treatment resources with the agency or community.
- Utilize a client-centered, family-focused, strength-based approach; clarify priority problems and goals for change, to assist client/family in developing appropriate expectations for treatment in relationship to the agency.
- Manage the treatment termination process and discharge planning to enhance clients’ abilities to retain treatment changes and/or use other available support services.
- Maintain appropriate professional files, including: comprehensive psychosocial assessments, diagnostic assessments, progress notes, measurable treatment plan goals and objectives, treatment summaries, discharge summaries, previous treatment records, clients’ consent to current treatment, and authorizations to release records.
- Collect necessary information to bill for services and facilitate fee collection. This includes, without limitation, regularly monitoring client insurance information and eligibility, collecting client co-pays and timely transmit to agency administration, providing timely responses to all requests from agency billing department and/or administration related to the billing for payment of services delivered.
- Comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and professional licensing board and third-party payor requirements governing the provision of behavioral health services.
- Master’s degree in Social Work or Counseling
- Current LMHC, LMFT, LMSW, LISW, LPC, LPCC, LCSW, etc. or other license accepted by the State of New Mexico for the provision of counseling or social work
- Knowledge of mental health disorders and treatment methods
- Experience or demonstrated interest in providing counseling services to children, adolescents, and families
- Familiarity with clinical operations and procedures, Medicaid services, and community mental health resources
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and computer skills, including proficiency in Word, Excel, and ability to use Electronic Health Record (EHR) system software
- Flexible availability, in order to coordinate with client schedules, routine training, supervision, and/or administrative meetings
- Fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English (Spanish a plus)
- Reliable transportation
- Ability and willingness to engage in moderate day travel
- Authorized to work in the US
- Passing of CYFD and any other required entity-specific (e.g. school district) background check
- Flexible schedule
- Competitive pay
- Supportive environment
- Valuable and meaningful work
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Free Professional Development, continuing education credits, and support for Independent Licensure
This is a full-time position. We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package. Interested candidates may send a resume to Katharine Spehar, HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Southwest Family Guidance Center & Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.