Community Support Worker Wanted For Las Cruces
Interested? Please email:
Southwest Family Guidance Center has an opening in Las Cruces for a Community Support Worker.
The Community Support Worker provides CCSS (Comprehensive Community Support Services) to qualifying individuals. The CSW has the primary responsibility for assisting the individual and family in implementing the CCSS service plan, which will enable the development of skills necessary for independent functioning within the community. Community support activities address goals of independent living, learning, working, socializing, and recreation.
- Assist the individual and family with implementing the CCSS service plan.
- Coordinate family team meetings and facilitate meetings as needed.
- Develop a psychiatric advance directive.
- Assessment, support, and intervention in crisis situations including the development and use of crisis plan which recognizes the early signs of the individual’s crisis/relapse, use of interpersonal supports, use of alternatives to emergency departments and inpatient services.
- Revise crisis plan over time based on newly identified triggers and what is known to be effective for the individual.
- Conduct individualized interventions; coach in areas such as socialization skills, developmental issues, daily living skills, school and work readiness activities, and education in co-occurring illness.
- Encourage development of natural supports in workplace and school environments.
- Assist in learning symptom monitoring and illness self-management skills.
- Provide support and coaching to the individual to obtain and maintain stable housing.
- Engage the individual in achieving treatment/recovery goals.
- Complete required documentation.
- Attend agency meetings and trainings as required.
- Minimum of 18 years old
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Human Services, Family Studies, or related field from an accredited university
- One year of relevant experience with the target population
- Flexible availability, in order to coordinate with client schedules, routine training, supervision, and/or administrative meetings
- Fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English (Spanish a plus)
- Reliable transportation
- Ability and willingness to engage in moderate day travel
- Authorized to work in the US
- Passing of CYFD and any other required entity-specific (e.g. school district) background check
Southwest Family Guidance Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.