MST Therapist Wanted For Las Cruces Office
Interested? Please email:
Do you have a passion for working with children and families? Southwest Family Guidance Center seeking compassionate, dedicated people in Las Cruces and the surrounding area who want to empower youth and families by creating strength-based behavior change that will be sustained long after treatment ends. (During the COVID-19 public health emergency, services may be delivered via telehealth).
Training in the Multisystemic Therapy (MST) model will be provided. Begin working with families, youth, their communities, and other key members of their ecology to implement MST as designed. Extensive research has proven the effectiveness of MST. MST therapists do whatever it takes, via close collaboration with all involved, to address the needs of juveniles with serious criminal offenses and, in some cases, substance abuse. You will empower families to address challenging and/or problematic behavior and to help youth aged 12–17 make life-transforming changes. Treatment progress is made through intensive interventions such as skill building, changing unhelpful family interactions, and increasing social support, to name a few.
- Provide direct clinical treatment in the home and community using the MST treatment model and principles.
- Conduct a thorough assessment of the client and family: gather information on behaviors of concern and strengths in the family and their ecology to inform conceptualization of the problem behaviors and interactions within the family’s ecological context.
- Continuously work to engage the primary caregiver, family members, supports, and community agency staff (school, probation, child welfare) in change-oriented treatment.
- Dedicate time to weekly case planning and evaluation of case progress, with ongoing support from your supervisor and team members.
- Receive regular training, professional development, supervision, and consultation activities designed to help you acquire extensive clinical skills within the MST treatment model.
Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or related area.
One or more of the following: LAMFT, LMHC, LADAC, LPCC, LMFT, LISW, LCSW, LMSW
Proof of vaccination will be required upon offer of employment. Reasonable accommodations, provided under federal or state law, will be discussed.
Comprehensive benefits package.
Southwest Family Guidance Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
* MST TRAINING WILL BE PROVIDED
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and current resume to email@example.com.